ABR, BRT & CBF blend is up 14% from my Jan 7th post. QID is up 11% from there. Google and BIDU are down - I haven't tracked how much BIDU long puts have benefited but the stock is down 21% so I'd imagine they'd be doing well if they're within the next 12 months.
Even though BoA deal with CFC might not go through I'm still glad I closed my position over there. Sometimes its better to cut your losses.
The benefit out of this reshift though is that not only has the REIT appreciation benefited me, but now my portfolio yield is roughly equivalent to high grade bonds with a much better appreciation opportunity.
I will however have to diversify away from financial a bit over the next year as opportunities arise. I'm currently looking at some defense contractors and did look into Activision and AMD. Those two had shoddy accounting, with AMD deducting tax liabilities they inherited from their aquisition of ATI from their goodwill and Activision carries their development as an asset at cost. When I start seeing deceptive accounting, common to the industry or not, I bail.
Friday, February 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment